I was thinking today - about things I think Minimed should do to improve their insulin pumps....small things, but I have been collecting these ideas in my mind. I hope someone from Minimed reads this!!
My pump wish list:
1. Colored infusion sets. Add a little life to the sites we have to see and use all day, every day! Still keep them transparent to watch for bubbles....but spice them up a bit! Patterns on the adhesive pad, colored tubing....now that there are more options in the marketplace, gotta keep it fresh!
2. Pump summary screen to show Active Insulin on board at any point in time. This will depend on the "Active insulin" time you have set on your pump - but it would be nice on the summary screen to see like it does: the number of units left, the last bolus etc - but a line that shows as well the Active insulin at that time. This would be nice when anticipating for activity, sleeping etc.
3. Rechargable batteries....
4. NEW PUMP CASES!! Again time to spice it up a bit - it seems it is the same cases since the days of the first paradigm pumps! Great $$ potential as most of us PUMPERS are obsessed with organizing supplies that have to go with us all the time! The one standard pump supply case is plain. It works, but there is not user friendly. More selections are needed for day bags, overnight bags, beach bags etc...all designed for diabetes supplies. Minimed give me a call, I have lots of ideas. HA!
5. A tubing length with the minimed in between the 23inch and the 46inch length...
6. I would love to see the carb database that the Cozmore pump has developed - NICE feature!
7. This is #7, but I think most important. BETTER SOFTWARE - carelink is not working for me. I do not like to have to be hooked to the internet to upload and utilize my data. I don't fell secure doing that....I want software that stands alone on my MAC computer (MINIMED.....software has to work with MAC!!!) to upload my meter and pump data. As it stands now, I have to reboot my laptop into Windows and upload. The upload is slow...and I can not easily utilize the data without being connected to the internet....Solutions software was good - improve and work on that software please!!
I am sure there are more things I wish for....but this is what I can pull out of my brain right now!