Thursday, November 15, 2007

Basal Rate Down Again

I can not believe that I need to reduce my night basal again!

My body is loving this new healthy living, and I feel great!

Last night I went to bed at 8.2 mmol/L. I took 0.2U of insulin and went to sleep. I woke this morning at 3.8 mmol/L. Hard to believe a little healthy eating and some weight loss would have such a drastic result. I am not minding !!!

Yesterday was world diabetes day. I was at work, and my co-worker Gary brought in 2 large bags of left over Halloween candy. Every single one of my co-workers were chowing down on the candy. I figured since it was World Diabetes Day we should take blood glucoses at the end of the day to see how people were fairing out with all of the candy. Not a single person would offer up their finger.....I think they were all scared! No candy for me....Gary brought in rockets.....I use rockets to treat my lows....so there was no desire to eat any of that candy HA!

The rockets, much like Orange juice....after being forced to consume it so many times when low, turns my stomach! Bad association......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh weird. I went to bed 8.3 and just had a funny feeling about things, so I didn't correct. I woke up 3.3.

My dawn phenomenon disappears every DST change. Maybe this is also contributing to your changes?