Friday, September 29, 2006

Reflections....

Well I have used a complete box of 10 sensors. That is my first box - I am using sensor #10 right now....time to reflect on my experience!!

1. Excellent Minimed training
2. Excellent Minimed customer support....
3. Others that seems to be having the same experience and troubles as I......so not a "me Problem" but rather a technology problem (transmitter and sensors)

I enjoy this technology - it has made my life easier, and allows me the ability to simply look at my pump to know where my sugar range is. I would not go back - but I wish my insurance company would cover the sensors!!!

I learned to be patient and wait until my sugar is level before calibrating - and I can calibrate with a high or low glucose...as long as the pump is not showing a fast rise/fall ongoing at that time.

I learned it is fine to sleep on the sensor/transmitter....no issues with that. As well....soaking in the tub with the transmitter on is fine as well.

I have received a few emails from others that are using this technology so I look forward to hearing from them and reading the stories of their adventures as well!! I don't know anyone else in the area I am in with this pump....so I turn to blog land for chit chat!!! Keep it coming, thanks!!!

No comments: