Sunday, October 15, 2006

Today....

I have been reading the daily posts on the Insulin Pump Forum - I must say I am impressed. Every day there are more and more people joining - and I want to help get the word out.

This is a great place to talk about issues with insulin pumps...good and bad. I know in my life, I rarely see other people with pumps...maybe a couple of times a year - so it is amazing to have people so close to talk about specific pump issues!! Everything from tubing length to Sensor tape...anything and everything. Excellent.....makes me feel like there are others out there in the same situations as I am in!!

For the longest time I felt I was isolated when I had my transmitter failure - I spoke with Minimed and they helped right away, but they did not discuss the fact that this same problem was happening to people all over and I was actually the same as many of the other people with my issues!! One person posted...and soon there were 5 or so others in the same situation....and I enjoy bouncing ideas off other people. Many can agree, it is not the same to discuss issues regarding pumps with friends/drs - it is not the same as discussing with someone who KNOWS exactly what I am talking about!!

There is a local pumpers group here in my area - but there are few meetings, and when there are meetings it seems there are a few pumpers - and the rest is people interested in learning more about pumping, or about to start on an insulin pump. The support group is valuable - but it seems not to be the place to bounce around ideas within the pumping ring...so again, this forum is amazing. THANKS to tiffany who set it up, and all the work she does!!!

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

It is, like you say, such a difference when talking with people going through the same things.

No one else can understand better.

Tiffany is such a great person, and I am very thankful for all of her contributions to the D community.

I also want to thank YOU for sharing your experiences with us. I appreciate that too.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, Jen here! I was just cleaning up old e-mail when I found the e-mail you sent about this site. Good stuff! Too bad it's not on livejournal!!! :-)

Do you have an RSS feed on this thing?