Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reflections......

Well Well Well....first the computer is in the shop getting fixed, then I reset the "keychain" on my MAC and I could not remember my password for my world!! I am back, thankfully!!!

All is going very well. This new second transmitter is ticking away just fine - getting me through this transition from FALL to WINTER! It has been about 3 months I have been using this CGMS system. I was nervous at first. Nervous that I would spend all my day focusing on the pump - always looking at what my reading is, how mch glucose level is doing. I was nervous that my sugar level would rule my life in a negative way.

This was never the case. From the moment I put this system on, it has only been a benefit and a natural progression in my pumping life! I would not like to have to go back to manual testing. I like the assurance that I can look at my pump and know where my sugar lies - as easy as clicking one button and I can see. In the middle of the night, when out for a bike ride, in the middle of a busy day at work, when driving...anytime, easy as that.

It was a little hard at first to trust the sensor system. There was a lot of information on the web discussing the possibility of a 15% variance or more. I have found my system to always be withing 1.0mmol/L of the value from a finger test. 3 months of this, and now I trust the system. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to double check with a finger poke test before a correction bolus!!

The peace of mind this system has brought me is worth it all. What a progression in my life, in my diabetes life. 5.5 years ago the amazing transition to an insulin pump....that was an amazing moment - and now the addition of this glucose sensor technology. 3 months into it - and WORTH IT. My quality of life has increased.....and more importantly I have my password back HA!! Cheers All!

No comments: