Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life in Turmoil

I find stress makes my BGL go up. WAYYYY UPPP (in the words of the friendly giant). I am sure others find that....so my life these days has caused my basal rate to be at least 120%. Grrr.....

My expired sensor gave me 8 wonderful days, but last night it seemed to be lagging. It did not pick up a BGL of 10 mmol/L while I was sleeping, but it did pick up my drop to 3.8 mmol/L with my correction bolus at 5am. Strange....

I am trying to let it catch up, right now my sensor reads 5.8, and my tester reads 5.7. That's good......I have never has an issue with my sensor while sleeping until now. I am going to give the sensor the rest of the day to prove itself, and if it does not....Out it comes.

Maybe this was the first time I have experienced what others say, decreased fluid around the sensor site while sleeping - whether it be from pressure on the site or lack of movement.

Either way, ZERO trust right now.....until this little devil proves its reliability......

No comments: