Monday, October 29, 2007

Feelin' good, even with this cold!!

Ohh welcome fall, and welcome a wonderful COLD (yes Sandra, I fell weak to the cold virus....argh....) but dang it, I am feelin' good.....(other then the head congestion)

I have honestly given up sugar and processed foods for awhile. It was not hard. One day I decided to stop eating refined sugar and processed. I was tired to feeling gross after salty high carb foods. I was tired of the glucose swings after eating something sweet. I was tired of the rollercoaster of glucose values!

It has been a week, and I feel good.

I have gone through phases like this in the past. My longest was a full year with minimal refined sugars and processed foods, but slowly they sneaked back into my life. I am not saying they are bad, but for my well being I need to keep them to a minimum!

This means more food prep.....finding time, but it seems to be going well :) I'll borrow some of my precious sleep time and trade it in for the good feeling ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang cold....I still can't hear properly!

Donna said...

The colds seem to be hanging on a long time around here. I started getting laryngitis several weeks ago & it's still here - to some degree. No infection - so no antibiotics. I just have to wait until it's over. Good luck getting over yours.