Monday, November 12, 2007

....Basal Reduction.......

I finally clued in after going low 3 nights in the past week, I need to reduce my overnight basal rate.

Seems when I am not snacking at night, I do not need the extra basal over night. Now I can see that my extra basal was merely covering for the extra snacking I was enjoying throughout those nasty evening hours!

I reduced my rate by 0.50 units/hr throughout the entire night. Tonight will show now this goes! 

I have stopped eating after supper. I enjoy a later supper (lets say around 6:30pm-7:30pm) and find I am not wanting to eat before I go to bed. 

My morning blood sugars have been amazing!

Those nasty late night snacks are proving to be bad for me :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a good handle on it, Drea. Do you get up at all during the night to check?

Drea said...

Jeff, I typically only wake when I am low .... or if I am concerned.....or testing basals :) I enjoy an un-interrupted sleep!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Drea. Just checking in to see how you did overnight. Hope the basal adjustment went well for you.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Ug - snacking at night kicks my butt too. Mine is like an extended dinner that doesn't stop until I go to bed. It's awful.