Wednesday, June 04, 2008

...Beep Beep Beep...........

As a pumper, I am in tune to all the sounds my pump makes......this is often tricky at work. My daily sidekick also wears a pump which has the same beep beep beep as mine!!

Tonight, we had a meeting after work. I was in the middle of a presentation, when I heard my coworkers pump alarming. You see, I felt smart having my pump on vibrate, that beeping sound would not interrupt me!

The pump alarmed again....I looked at my fellow pumper, and he was smirking. I whispered said "your plastic pancreas is calling you!"

He shook his head no.

I said "Yeah it is, I can hear it!!"

He smiled, and shook his head again.

Ohh noooo way....sure enough, it was me. I did not feel the vibrations!

I pulled my pump out, just enough to see the screen, cleared the alarm and stuck the pump back in its hiding place...thinking no one would see. I heard a few snickers from those who saw the entire event unfold.....especially from a co-worker on the other side of the room who has a girlfriend on a pump....

Ahh a quirky pump moment for those who understand!!

1 comment:

EDWARD said...

FYI: I have put a link to this post at http://halifax.infomonkey.net