Monday, January 29, 2007
Great Accuracy! I love my CGMS
Before I start talking about diabetes talk, I wanted to share a picture of the ice fishers up the street from my house!! Every day I drive by, they are out there. usually 10+ groups! I think I should walk right out on the ice as well, and take pictures! Hard to believe this is the ocean they are on - all hours of the day!
So I love my CGMS. It had made my life so much easier and better! I rarely wake up with a high blood sugar. No more fuzzy head feeling, that nasty headache with the untouchable thirst! This sensor system keeps me within my range, helping to avoid those wide swings!! And the accuracy, no problem at all. This morning I woke up my sensor read 6.5 mmol/L....took a calibration reading from my meter and it was 6.3 mmol/L. Can't complain about that!! I would say about 80% of my reading are this accurate....the other 20%....well my swings are not totally gone HA!
I am hoping the rumors are true, that the next phase of transmitters are SMALLER!! I hope it is true, and that I see it SOON! Anyone heard of the new smaller transmitters?? DO TELL!
Best wishes on your trip John - remember to BLOG your journeys....and if you go to a market there, the type where local people are selling their locally made products..locally and fairly made....see if you can find me a little something!! I'll cook you a dinner when you return!
Here is a picture from my front lawn the other morning when I arrived home from work!! Enjoy!!